Professional and Classified Employment
A selection of employment opportunities with System Computing Services is listed here. For a full and up-to-date listing of all employment opportunities available with the Nevada System of Higher of Education (NSHE) please take a look at the NSHE System Administration careers page.
Learn more about the Network Analyst or Senior Network Analyst (in Elko, Nevada) position and apply through workday.com
The Nevada System of Higher Education (NSHE) invites applications and nominations to fill the position for Network Analyst or Senior Network Analyst. This is renewable, full-time, non-tenured, administrative position that will report to the Principal Network Engineer in Elko, NV. This position will locate in Elko, NV.
The NSHE is comprised of eight institutions: two universities, a state college, four community colleges, and a research institute. The public system of higher education in Nevada continues to experience rapid growth, with significant challenges and opportunities in serving over 105,000 students and 15,000 employees.
NSHE maintains a wide area network (NevadaNet) and multiple data centers along with a wide variety of systems and applications to provide services to its institutions. The Network Analyst position is an integral part of the overall network services team. The position will participate in or be responsible for the project design, management, and deployment of complex networking projects, network troubleshooting and network support, and is responsible for the deployment and management of network devices, security devices, network monitoring systems, and related equipment. Duties will include preventative maintenance at remote network sites.
STARTING SALARY: Grade C (Network Analyst: $65,000 – $75,000 or Senior Network Analyst: $85,000 – $95,000 commensurate with education, experience, and training) Benefits package that includes health, dental, vision, life, and retirement.
APPROXIMATE STARTING DATE: April 1, 2023
Network Analyst: The successful candidate must have earned a two-year degree in engineering, computer science, or the information technology field; or have two years progressive work experience directly applicable to the position. A valid Nevada driver’s license is required. A bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution is preferred.
Senior Network Analyst: The successful candidate must have a bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution. A degree in computer science, Information Systems, or related field is preferred. Alternatively, six or more years, direct work experience relating to data, video and/or voice communication systems/networks with at least two years of formal education or training in a related field may be substituted for the bachelor’s degree as qualifications for this position. A valid Nevada driver’s license is required.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES: Successful candidates must possess the following knowledge, skills and abilities. Applicants should address following items in their letter of application when applying for this position.
The Network Analyst must possess the following:
- Experience with data/video/voice communications, network design and implementation procedures
- Experience with Cisco routers (IOS, IOS-XE and IOS-XR)
- Knowledge in routing protocols including OSPF
- Experience in Wide Area Network equipment installation, operation, troubleshooting/problem resolution, testing, monitoring and maintenance
- Experience with installing and testing structured cabling
- Experience in system performance monitoring and reporting
- Experience in creating and maintaining project-related documentation, network diagrams, testing plans, and deployment plans
- Certification as a Cisco Certified Network Associate (CCNA) or Cisco Certified Design Associate (CCDA) or ability to obtain either certification within one (1) year of appointment as a condition of continued employment
The Senior Network Analyst must also possess the following:
- Experience and in-depth knowledge of routing protocols including OSPF, BGP, and MPLS
- Knowledge or experience with optical DWDM transport networks
- Demonstrated ability to successfully design, deploy and maintain networking projects and systems
- Certification as a Cisco Certified Network Associate (CCNA) or Cisco Certified Design Associate (CCDA) is required. A Cisco Certified Network Professional (CCNP) or a Cisco Certified Design Professional (CCDP) is preferred
RESPONSIBILITIES: The duties of this position will include, but not be limited to, the following areas of responsibility within Network Services:
- Monitor NSHE video/voice/data performance to ensure overall network quality and availability
- Provide technical support for NSHE statewide network services such as Internet connectivity, videoconferencing, and other NevadaNet services
- Install, test, operate, maintain, troubleshoot, and performs preventative maintenance activities in support of NSHE’s statewide network and data center network operations
- Document network topology, asset inventories, customer and vendor service agreements and other administrative, technical, or historical documentation requirements
Additionally, the Senior Network Analyst will be expected to:
- Provide Tier-3 level troubleshooting
- Collaborate with network end users for the purpose of assessing and implementing ongoing customer network requirements
Limited travel with overnight stays is required in support of activities related to either position.
APPLICATION DEADLINE: Applications may be submitted until the position is filled. The review of materials will begin immediately, however, for full consideration applications should be submitted by February 5, 2023.
Learn more about the Senior Business Analyst – Payroll/Time Tracking position and apply through workday.com
The Nevada System of Higher Education (NSHE) invites applications and nominations for the position of Senior Business Analyst, Payroll/Time Tracking. This is a renewable, full-time, non-tenured, administrative position and reports to the Assistant Director or Workday. The position will be located in either Las Vegas or Reno, Nevada.
The NSHE is comprised of eight institutions: two universities, a state college, four community colleges and research institute. The public system of higher education in Nevada continues to experience growth with significant opportunities in serving over 105,000 students and 15,000 employees.
The Senior Business Analyst, Payroll/Time Tracking assists NSHE Payroll Services and other NSHE stakeholders in identifying and documenting their business processes and recommends refinements and improvements to processes relating to payroll, time tracking, absence, benefits, and human resources. Working with NSHE’s Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) system, Workday, the Senior Business Analyst also provides user support in complex problem analysis and resolution; designs and develops reports and data extracts that support campus business processes; develops technical specifications that support Workday customizations/modifications; assists in quality assurance testing of Workday business processes and integrations with other systems. Monitors, coordinates, and communicates Workday changes, including customizations, modifications, and upgrades to all stakeholders.
SALARY GRADE: C (starting salary range is approximately $70,000 to $90,000] commensurate with education, experience, and training) Benefits package includes health, dental, vision, life, and retirement benefits.
APPROXIMATE STARTING DATE: June 1, 2023
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS: A Bachelor’s degree in Information Systems, Accounting, Business or a related field from an accredited institution is required with three (3) years of directly applicable experience and progressively responsible business analysis experience in a large ERP system (i.e. SAP, PeopleSoft, Workday, or similar) (or) a Master’s degree from an accredited institution with one (1) year of directly applicable experience and progressively responsible business analysis experience. Alternatively, ten (10) or more years direct information systems experience working in a large corporation or university with at least two (2) years of formal education or training in a related field may be substituted for a Bachelor’s degree.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES: Successful candidates must possess the following knowledge, skills, and abilities. It is recommended that applicants for this position address each of the following items in the letter of application:
- Knowledge of key business functions in higher education in Payroll, Time Tracking, absence, human resources, benefits and/or administrative services such as accounting, procurement, and budgeting
- Knowledge of information systems in accounting and human resources Ability to translate business process redesign and automation into administrative efficiencies.
- Ability and experience in aligning data, policies, workflows, and information systems.
- Ability to learn new technologies and the flexibility to adapt them to NSHE business processes.
- Ability and experience in addressing technological, organizational and services challenges.
- Ability to work with diverse individuals in a collaborative, tactful, productive manner.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, specifically with respect to consensus building, presentation of ideas and plans and project participation.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and an end-user service orientation.
RESPONSIBILITIES: The duties of this position will include, but not be limited to, the following areas of responsibility:
- Business Analyst is responsible for understanding the NSHE’s business processes and the capabilities of Workday and other business applications used by NSHE institutions that interface with Workday. By understanding the impact of the NSHE’s processes on application capabilities, the incumbent can help the NSHE solve their business problems and improve processes in the most efficient and effective manner.
- As both the functional expert and the developer of technical specifications, the Business Analyst is an integral component in the creation of the technical solutions for identified for the NSHE business needs.
- The Business Analyst assists the NSHE in developing effective testing scripts and ensures that applications are well tested.
- Limited travel with overnight stays may be required in support of activities related to the position.
- The position serves as a bridge between the campus functional and the SCS technical areas, and so he/she will have an excellent higher education functional knowledge in payroll and human resource business processes as well as a strong technical background in and information systems.
- Other related duties as assigned.
TO APPLY: The application process will be handled through the Workday on-line search process. Application materials must include a current resume, detailed cover letter, and names, addresses and telephone numbers of four professional references willing to be contacted. Applicants should fully describe qualifications and experience, since the initial review will serve to evaluate applicants based on documented, relevant qualifications and professional work experience. Applications will be considered incomplete without all requested materials. References will only be contacted for those who advance to the final phase of the search and with prior consent of the applicant. The review of materials will begin immediately. Materials should be addressed to Sherry Olson, Director of Human Resources, and are to be submitted via on-line application at http://system.nevada.edu/Careers/index.htm. For assistance with NSHE’s on-line applicant portal, contact Sherry Olson at (775) 784-4901.
INTERNAL APPLICANTS: Current employees within the Nevada System of Higher Education MUST use the “Find Jobs” process within Workday to find and apply for jobs at NSHE institutions. Once you log into Workday and type “Find Jobs” in the search box which will navigate to the internal job posting site. Locate the specific job posting by typing the requisition number (e.g. R0000000) in the search box
APPLICATION DEADLINE: Applications may be submitted until the position is filled. The review of materials will begin immediately, however, for full consideration applications should be submitted by April 30, 2023.