SCS uses the Cisco AnyConnect VPN client to facilitate connectivity to NSHE resources. To install and connect, follow the instructions below.
- Download the Cisco AnyConnect client software and launch the installer.
- Click Next.
- Click I accept the terms in the License Agreement and click Next.
- Click Install.
- Click Finish.
- Launch the Cisco AnyConnect Secure Mobility Client.
- In the text box, enter
rs-webvpn.nevada.eduto connect to Reno or
ls-webvpn.nevada.eduto connect to Las Vegas, then click Connect.
- Enter your Active Directory username and password and click OK. Once the connection is established, you will see a notice that the VPN was connected.
- Once connected, the Cisco AnyConnect software icon in the notification area near your system clock will show a locked padlock.
- To disconnect, right-click on the CiscoAnyConnect icon in the notification area and click VPN Disconnect.
- To exit the VPN client, right-click on the Cisco AnyConnect icon and click Quit.